Adoption is screened carefully to ensure my rats go to the best homes possible. I will not adopt out rats for feeders or to breed to produce feeders-this is due to the fact I love and care for each rat and I track my lines and I won't have them used as food.
Email me if you are interested in pet rats. In your email please include the following:
1) A little about yourself and any experience you have with rats.
2) Do you currently own rats or any other pets? If so please include a little about them.
3) What care you provide/plan to provide for your rats (cage type/size, bedding, food, vet, etc)?
4) Are there children in the home? if so what are their ages and how do they interact with animals?
5) If you yourself are under 18 and living at home, I must have parents permission to adopt out to you. Do you have parent permission?-please include their contact information.
6) Are you allowed pets where you live?
7) Does anyone in the home have allergies to animals? What kind?
8) Any questions you have for me on rats, their care, etc.
I will email you back with follow up questions if needed and we can go from there. Once we decide if you are eligible/want to be on the waitlist, you will be added and given a chance to pick from a litter once the list gets down to your name.
My Email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adoptions do require an adoption fee which includes the rat(s), a bag of starter food, the rat's pedigree and an adoption contract.
Fees: Baby Rats: $25 for one rat, $45 for a pair, and further discounts for three or more.
Older/Adult Rats: will have a reduced fee depending on age/circumstance
Harley/Down Under/Manx Rats: will have a higher fee due to low incidence in litters.
Food: Bag has a sample of harlan lab blocks and my homemade grain mix/lasts about 1 week
Pedigree: Shows rats ancestory (typically 5-10 generations back depending on the rat's lines)
Adoption Contract: Requires you to provide a loving, safe home for the rats: appropriate cage, food,
bedding and vet care. The contract is an agreement that you will not breed the rats unless you
adopted with a breeder's contract. In addition if for any reason you cannot keep the rats, you
will contact me to take them back or rehome them. In addition, the rat is not to be kept alone.
Every rat is to be kept in a same sex pair or group.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com with any questions on rats, their care, even if you aren't looking to adopt right now, or if you already have rats at home, etc.
I am always happy to answer questions and to help with any problems, concerns, etc. if I am able.